It is the policy of the A Mortgage Now Group of Companies that personal information, such as your name, personal postal and email address, or personal telephone number is private and confidential. Because your privacy is important to us, we maintain privacy policies to protect your personal information.
General Data Protection Regulation Policy
When you provide us with information via our online forms, or via email, post or telephone, we need to use that information to assist you – this is known as ‘processing’.
The purpose of ‘processing’
- To establish, arrange, or administer, suitable lending or insurance options for you
- To provide data to a suitable lender, solicitor, or insurer where applicable (but not before you have given us further permission to do so)
- Where a joint enquiry is made, data processing permission may be given by one enquirer on behalf of all enquirers
- To run credit score where necessary (but not before you have given us further permission to do so)
- To contact you to keep you updated on the progress of your enquiry or application
- To contact you now, or at a future date, to keep you updated with information which may be to your benefit
- To contact you to give you the opportunity to review your situation at a future date
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time
In order to withdraw your consent
email: email@example.com using Subject: DATA CONTROLLER
or call the Data Controller on 0208 979 9684
Holding of data
Data is held securely and may be held for:
- Up to 24 months if no business is transacted
- The term of the mortgage, insurance or other contract plus 6 years, where business is contracted (under FCA regulations)
Data Controller Details
Identity of Data Controller
A Mortgage Now LLP
A Mortgage Now
0208 979 9684
The Information We Collect
Site Activity Data
Each time a visitor comes to this website, our web server collects and logs certain information. These access logs are kept for a reasonable period of time. These logs include, but are not restricted to, your machine’s TCP/IP address, your username (if applicable), date, time and files accessed. These logs also contain information about ‘referrer’ information if you clicked on an external link to an A Mortgage Now Group webpage. These logs are used solely for performance, site administration and security reviews. They are not sold or shared in any way to third party organisations.
A cookie is a simple text file that is sometimes downloaded on to a device when the user accesses this website. The use of a cookie is not harmful to your device and is common practice to allow a website to recognise your device in order to improve your user experience.
Session cookies are deleted when you close your browser. We use session cookies to make it easier for you to complete our secure online forms by holding information entered into our forms until your browser is closed.
Persistent cookies are stored on your computer either until you delete them or they expire.
By using the services on our website, you consent to us using cookies.
Mortgage Offer in Principle request
Where you fill in an offer in principle form, you are deemed to have provided GDPR consent as above.
We do not run any credit scores with any Lender until you give us further permission to do so.
When we receive that further permission it will encompass:
- The disclosure of any of the information provider to the operators of the National Hunter System, the Credit Industry Fraud Avoidance System and other collective mortgage data checking systems, who may make the information available to other lenders or subscribers to their system where this is done in the interest of fraud prevention.
- The requesting of a credit reference (which will include information that may be used for an automated credit assessment) from one or more credit reference agencies and to the disclosure of any of the information given on this form to any such agencies.
- This information will then be made available to others requesting credit references against them and may be used, for example, in relation to future lending decisions, fraud prevention, debtor tracing, etc. Any credit reference agencies who are contacted will keep a record of the references that are requested.
- Any other enquiries that are considered necessary being made in connection with this application and to the disclosure of any of the information given on this form in order to make those enquiries.
- The disclosure of the results of any (or all) of the enquiries that have been made about the applicant(s) to any lender.
Handling of your personal data
Purposes of your processing
We process your data for the purposes of advising and arranging on mortgage contracts and insurance contracts (both regulated and unregulated contracts)
Categories of personal data we may handle
We may handle identification data, employment, income and taxation data, banking and credit data, also some limited health and medical data.
Categories of recipient we disclose your personal data to
For the purposes of advising and arranging on mortgage contracts and insurance contracts we may, with your permission, disclose your personal data to lenders, insurers, or packagers.
Our criteria for determining how long we store information
Due to regulatory requirements we store your information for up to six years past the length of your agreed lending or insurance contracts
Your right to request rectification, erasure or restriction or to object to such processing
You have the right at any time to ask us to rectify, or erase data, or to object to processing of data. The exception to this is where data relates to advice given by ourselves. In these situations we may need to continue to store your data for regulatory or legal purposes.
Your right the right to lodge a complaint with the ICO
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the ICO if you believe your data is not being handled correctly within the Law.
Third party information
Where information was not obtained directly from the you, we take a record of the source of that information
Automated decision-making (including profiling)
Both Lenders and Insurers often use systems that make automated decisions, or conduct profiling actions.
Transfer of transfer personal data to a third country or international organisation.
We do not need to transfer personal data to a third country or international organisation. The execption to this is where you may be out of the Country and request us to do so.
Policy changes will not alter how we handle previously submitted personal information.
If you have any questions about our privacy policies or wish to update any of the personal information you have provided to us, contact our privacy compliance officer on 020 8979 9684
Updated June 2021